Monday, August 29, 2011

I'll owl the pigeons all the way to Mexico.

The guy across the street & his young daughter feed the birds. pigeons.
(birds are beautiful creatures, pigeons -- not so much).


We used to have a pigeon problem in Regina. By problem, I mean they'd wake us up with their purrrrrrrr.. purr... purrrrrrrr every morning. And it would continue...

The.

Entire.

DAY!

Every. Single. Day.


We contemplated getting some gawdy owl to put on our deck back then (possibility of keeping their annoying purrrrring, feces & nests away? Yes, please.). But that's all we did.


Contemplated.
Discussed.
Found some owls, debated it -- but never actually bought any.




It is odd, I know. But my old roommate scarred me years ago.

She bought this horrible brass owl and hung it our house.

Then waited to see how I'd react.


I'm not entirely sure why it this was such a horrible thing..
Was it gawdy? Sure.
Tacky? Oh most definitely.

But definitely not the worse thing I've seen put on display in a house (probably the worse in any house i've lived in though, :P) 


Since I found & sent her an owl necklace, I've been forgiving her tacky senses and patching over the "scars."


So where am I going with all this?

Oh yes...


Superstore has Halloween decorations out (ALREADY! I know).

One being a super cute Owl.


I liked it when it just served as a cute decoration.

But now I see it as a means of getting rid of the pigeons the neighbor feeds.


Food vs. Predator.

Which will prevail.


I may need to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...