Sunday, May 1, 2011

He suckered me into getting Monkey Feet. Gah!

About a year ago I got Rew a pair of Vibram Five Fingers KSO's as a "YaY you're a teacher and done University!" gift. Yay!

I made fun of him.

A lot.

Called him monkey feet.

Told him he walked like a gorilla.

Asked him to pour me some coffee... using his feet.


You get the gist of it.


He wore them. Every. Single. Day.

And got lots of compliments, questions about what they were, and funny looks.

But, he loves them! He's worn them so much that he's worn a hole through a big toe. So, he decided it was time to get a new pair.

He ordered two of VFF's Treksports.

He talked me into it.

I caved.

I feel like I betrayed myself.

Rew is sure that they will help my back issues.
Originally I was jokingly saying that he could buy me a pair so I could prove him they wouldn't help.

Then, I kind of got interested.

I do love running. Especially back home in the forest.
Which we will be there this summer!!!


In reality, I am barefoot most of the summer anyways.


Toe socks and I used to be tight.
It has to be somewhat similar, right?

So, that's how I got suckered into it.

Shoot.

So now I'm eagerly waiting these babies..

Picture borrowed from here, probably originally from here.


Worse case scenario they'll be a glorified beach/watersport shoe.

I'm not-so-secretly wishing that I fall in love with them as Rew did with his.

Uck.

Did I just say write that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...